Wednesday, February 22, 2006

“Isn’t it a lovely day? My patio’s on fire”

I’m a little sleepy today. Sorry if this is a little more rambly and jumbled than usual, but I have to post something (I think I’m addicted to blogging!) I have been deprived this week because the computer has been cranky and everything has been a bit blech.

Here is what I did this morning:

I got out of bed, let the dog outside, came back in and brushed my teeth. Halfway through brushing my teeth I realised that I hadn’t had breakfast yet… So yes, breakfast tasted lovely, but it would have been better if I hadn’t put twice as much milk on my cereal as I actually needed. Once you pour it in, you can’t pour it back! Then I did a bit of walking in and out of the house forgetting stuff, going back to get it, getting in the house and forgetting what the thing was that I went back for…

I drove to the paddock, parked the car, put my headphones in my ears, pulled the lever to open the boot, got out, locked the door, opened the boot, checked my pocket… erm, what did I do with the keys???

Oh right. It’s probably a good idea to take them out of the ignition

Luckily I was driving a hatchback, so instead of dealing with the embarrassment of finding someone to help me break in and get them, I had to deal with the embarrassment of climbing into the boot of the car, squeezing through the little gap into the back seat and contorting myself between the front seats so I could reach the keys. I got out of the car through the rear door, and looked up to see my horse leaning over the fence staring at me…

“How quaint these humans are!”

Glad someone found it entertaining…

(Oz-ish to US-ish translation notes: the boot = the trunk. Not sure if that's well known or not... whenever I assume something is obvious, it turns out to be some obscure Australian thing, that not even other Australians understand...)

So yeah, I'm tired… and it's only 8pm.

1 Comments:

At 9:20 pm, Blogger Skvid said...

Actually... I have two horses... :)

I probably shouldn't, but I do. Sure, I only eat twice a week, but it's worth it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home