Sunday, January 29, 2006

Enforced learning

One day I will no longer have to study things that require the use of crayons and coloured pens to make them memorable. I should have appreciated uni much more than I did. Silly little teenage Skvid, what were you thinking? It may have seemed like too much effort at the time, but at least I didn't have to keep getting up and running around the room just to stay awake.

The men's final of the Australian Open is on right now. I usually go for the underdog (I am Australian, that's what we do,) but I want Federer to win. Even though he's world number one and unbeaten in grand slam finals, and even though it would be a fairytale finish if the unseeded player who no-one had heard of before were to go on and win, I still want Federer to win. I feel like I should have a good reason for choosing a side, but it's a sporting contest. I don't need one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home