Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Dizzy new heights

I just spoke to one of my old friends on the phone. I haven't talked to her in such a long time, it was really nice to catch up. Apparently some guy asked her to set him up with one of her friends, and she thought of me. Awww, I'm her number one pathetic single friend! How sweet!

The conversation went something like this:

Friend – I guess I could set you up with skvid… You’d probably have to quit smoking though, I don’t think she’s really into that...

Some guy – Well if she can’t love me for who I am...

Wow. It got to the point of him accusing me of trying to change him before we’d even met! I think that's got to be some kind of record. Especially seeing as that's the first time I've ever been accused of trying to change someone.

In the minutes since I got off of the phone, I've given it a great deal of thought. I have made peace with him, and with myself. I did my best, and I tried to make it work. The relationship had just run its course. If the half a second mention of me in a casual conversation wasn't enough for him, then I'm not going to burden myself with thinking about what might have been! I wont cry myself to sleep at night any longer! Or indeed ever, because it hasn't been night time yet...

1 Comments:

At 2:51 pm, Blogger Skvid said...

Thanx Peeples :)

Hmmm, I shouldn't write like that should I? I don't think it suits me. Don't want to go scaring off anyone else... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home