Saturday, January 14, 2006

Don't know much about art, but I'll have a crack at it anyway...



I’ve gone all arty again, and this time it’s got pretty colours! Once again, it is just a case of drawing due to bored-ness.

In the hope of posting something vaguely relevant to a picture of some weird bird, I will now put in a little plug for Gregor Stronach's article on art at Rum and Monkey. It made me laugh when I was having a shitty day. I’d show it to my mother, because she is an arty type and would probably appreciate it, but she tends to switch off as soon as there is swearing.

Perhaps I could get the SBS voiceover guy to come in and say that it “contains material that may offend some viewers.” That SBS guy has the best voice. I love the way he says “adult themes.”

Perhaps I can record him as a ringtone for my new personal shitbox mobile phone. I had part of the theme to Monkey on my old one. It went "born from an egg on a mountain top" every time I got a text message.

That was such a good show. I just had a look at the IMDb page for Monkey (Saiyuki), and found out some interesting things. The English voiceover cast includes Miriam Margolyes (who has been in heaps of stuff, but would be best known as professor Sprout in the Harry Potter movies), and Andrew Sachs (best known as Manuel in Fawlty Towers).

David Collings has a very interesting CV. In addition to being the voice of the great sage, equal of heaven, he also did the voice of Rattus on The Ferals, and was a puppeteer on Bananas in Pyjamas at the age of 61.

I love having a ramble through Skvid City on a saturday afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home