Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The BFG was my maternal great-great-grandfather

So far I’ve managed to avoid turning this blog into a hippy-style dream diary, and I have made a promise to myself that I won’t let that happen!

However, I have decided to make dream interpretation my new hobby. This is mostly because I want to have a valid reason for having an afternoon nap (i.e. “I’m not having a nap because I’m lazy, I need more material so I can develop my skills.”)

Here’s my first effort:

Dream 1
I’m talking to my cousin, and he’s got a small cut on his arm. I tell him he should get it checked out by a doctor. Next thing I know it’s some time in the future, and he’s had to have his arm amputated because he didn’t get it looked at. He seems happy enough.

Interpretation – I shouldn’t go to the Guatemalan swing dancing festival next weekend, it will only end in tears. They will laugh at my dress because it’s not a genuine Guatemalan swing dancing dress. :(

Dream 2
I am on a train on the Cleveland line. I miss my stop because I attempt to disembark from the wrong side of the train. I get off at the next stop, and have a bit of trouble trying to get another train back again.

Interpretation – I should go see a shrink. This dream is clearly evidence of a complex personality disorder, which can only be assisted by years and years of expensive therapy. The Dream Interpreters Handbook has the following to say about transportation dreams:

Transportation Dreams
If you dream of a car
In life you’ll go far

If you dream of a bus
Why make a fuss?

If you dream of a tram
You’re about to win spam

But if you dream of a train
You must be insane
(go see a shrink you freak!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home