Friday, April 14, 2006

I got the music in me

Ok, so I decided that my poor little computer could cope with a bit of extra music, so I'm going to be a little copycat and do the meme from Samirah's lovely blog.

1. How does the world see you? Calypso - Spiderbait (Sunshine, on my window, makes me happy, like I should be)

2. Will I have a happy life? Song for the dumped – Ben Folds Five (Oh dear...)

3. What do my friends think of me? Devil’s Haircut – Beck (I've got a devil's haircut... in my mind??? My friends are clearly quite cryptic thinkers...)

4. Do people secretly lust after me? Opera Singer – Cake (after each performance, people stand around and wait, just to tell me that they love my voice, just to tell me that I'm great. So does that mean yes, but I've got an ego problem?)

5. How can I make myself happy? Buy Me A Pony – Spiderbait (hahaha, that is so awesome that I am almost starting to believe this stuff... although the lyrics are nothing about ponies, I will just go with the title on that one)

6. What should I do with my life? Space They Cannot Touch – Kate Miller-Heidke (I don't need to sleep to dream, I just hope, I am good enough to keep you. It's pretty, but it's a little vague don't you think?)

7. Will I ever have children? Over The Ocean – Nine Black Alps (Well I do want to travel, so that's cool, but I'd like any children of mine to be little Aussies too - Why's it happening, over the ocean?)

8. What is some good advice for me? Don’t You Wanna Know – The Pictures (Well yes actually I do want to know!)

9. How will I be remembered? Make Me Love You – Pivot (instrumental, try again), Commisioning a Symphony in C – Cake (I’ll be an Austrian Nobleman! They'll be transfixed, forgetting just to breathe, they'll be so taken by my symphony in C! Awesome!)

10. What's my signature dancing song? Glockenpop – Spiderbait (Singing is easy if you can remember the tune, it can be something to do on a bright afternoon, it doesn't matter if all of your songs sound the same, cos people are happy to hear them over and over and over again)

11. What's my current theme song? Back Then – Pegz (actually I am a bit of a nostalgia junkie - Who remembers Ice T was king, Flat tops were in, Swatches were bling. Although I did have to google Ice T...)

12. What do others think is my current theme song? Sleep Less – The Devoted Few (it's appropriate if I take this bit out of context - everything you think makes no sense at all)

13. What shall they play at my funeral? Derelict - Beck (ummm, this is kind of creeping me out now - I dropped my anchor in the dead of night, I packed my suitcase and threw it away, I fell asleep in the funeral fire, I gave my clothes to the police man, Blow back derelict wind, lay my soul in the foul of the air)

14. What type of men do I like? Montecore – Pivot (Instrumental, try again), I Don’t Care – The Pictures (Eek!)

15. How's my love life? Tijuana Lady – Gomez (Apparently some guy is chasing me around Mexico saying Tijuana lady where did you go? he admits that he's no head honcho, but it's ok because he'll keep me warm in his second poncho. Yep. It's messed up, so I guess that's pretty spot on...)


Out of the 226 songs that I was using for this, 2 were by Pivot and they both turned up... and what's with the repetition of Beck, Cake and Spiderbait? Oh well, who am I to question the almighty wisdom of the meme?

1 Comments:

At 1:27 pm, Blogger Skvid said...

And so you should. You are definitely theft-worthy. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home