Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Some Advice

1. The Sunshine State - Sure it's pretty, just don't touch anything.

If you are in Queensland, don’t get sick right now.

Don’t hurt yourself, hold off on developing symptoms of congenital diseases, tell your cancer not to start growing until further notice and definitely avoid all completely unavoidable life threatening accidents.

The Queensland health system is fucked “ailing” fucked.

Especially don’t have a car accident right out the front of a hospital. You might die.


2. Telemarketers – It’s not their fault they're less welcome than R2D2 in an Amish community.

If you call my house and I don’t answer, do as the robot lady says and please leave a message. I may be home and want to talk to you, but I am probably hiding from telemarketers.

I feel sorry for them. Half of their workforce is probably made up of people with sick family members who must be kept away from the public health care system at all costs. Private health care isn’t cheap, and cold-calling in the evenings may sometimes be necessary to support it.

Sometimes I just can’t face coming up with an excuse to get them off the phone. They are much better at keeping me on the phone than I am at getting myself off of it. So just because I don’t answer the phone it doesn’t mean I’m not home or that I’m avoiding you. Of course I love you. Don’t be so paranoid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home