Monday, April 24, 2006

"You're something like a phenomena baby, something like an astronomer"

I’ve been having “one of those days” all month.

Things have changed quite a lot here in Skvid City. I feel like posting a whole lot of random junk mosaics, which I’m taking as a reflection of how fragmented my thoughts are at present.

I’ve been questioning almost everything I’ve been doing. And not just big life changing decisions which deserve that kind of reflection.

“Why am I having cereal for breakfast again?”
“Why did I wear these stupid impractical shoes?”
“Why am I laughing at this Rob Schneider movie?”

Ok, that last one was clearly a joke. Even via the anonymity of the internet I will not admit to having seen a Rob Schneider movie… (I really haven’t seen one. I’m being totally honest here. Aw man, you’re never going to believe me are you?)

I have cleared one thing up. I’m definitely going to Sydney! Yeaaaaaaah!

Ahem.

We’re going by road. 10 hour drive! (First person to make a lame “are we there yet?” joke has to sit in the trailer with the horses!) Fortunately I love a good road trip, and I’ll be going with two very cool people so I’m definitely looking forward to it. One downfall is that they have very different taste in music to me. Some people might even say their taste is abysmal, and that they should never be allowed to select any music to be listened to by anyone ever. I’m way too nice to say that though. *cough*

I keep running into people who take themselves way too seriously. What’s the deal with that? The fact that I laugh quite a lot, often at really simple things (you can read that as ‘childish things’ if you like), is completely at odds with these people. The only sensible response is for me to growl like my dear old Aunty Sue when she’s been out on the turps with her Treasure Island re-enactment club.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

1 Comments:

At 10:18 am, Blogger Skvid said...

I'm definitely going to be taking precautions. We'll be driving through the area where one of Australia's most notorious serial killers did his work, and I don't want to suddenly get the urge to pick up hitchhiking tourists...

The driver gets to pick the music, so I'm going to drive as much as possible, and I'm going to buy a little MP3 player tomorrow (I know, I know, I'm always at least 8 years behind with technology...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home