Tuesday, June 13, 2006

"These are a few of my favourite things"

I went to see Ross Noble the other week, it was so good. He has to be one of the best stand-up comedians in the world. (I know I’m prone to a bit of exaggeration from time to time, but this is definitely not one of those times!)

I love his style. A friend of mine hates it, and refused to go with me. So yeah, I guess he’s not for everyone, but the capacity crowd that was there certainly loved him. He rambles about all over the place, constantly leaps from one story to another, acts out all the weird movements... Ok, I can’t describe it well enough, obviously you have to go and see him in person to appreciate it. I did, and it was bloody good. You know you’ve had fun when your face, stomach, etc, all hurt from laughing.

I bought his DVD, which should hopefully sustain me until he tours again. Now that he's married an Australian I expect he'll keep doing one tour a year, but I'll cross my fingers as well anyway just to be on the safe side...

I’ve bought quite a few DVDs and CDs lately. I think I’m trying to make up for the periods when I’ve had to ban myself from going into shops that sell them. I tend to lose a bit of self control in those places. That's what happens when you like so many bands...

I got The Dresden Dolls new album ‘Yes, Virginia...’ I love it. Their website is one of the best band sites I’ve seen. Not that I’ve done a wide ranging survey or anything (I wish! Somebody pay me to do it!), but it’s in tune with their theatrical... ness (I’ve mentioned before that I’ll never be a music journo...)

I must see them live sometime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home