Friday, December 02, 2005

"I didn't mean to call you a liar, except when you said you loved me"

Today we have a list of simple things. Likes, dislikes, that kind of thing. Are you excited? But surely, this isn't what blogs were made for! That's right kids, I am stretching the genre to its very limits! Oh the joys of a little boundary push. I'd better be careful or I'll end up in dangerous territory. Not liking certain things publicly may count as sedition, and I wouldn't make much of a martyr to the cause of freedom of speech.

Fortunately, the little ramble above was a load of hog-turnips.

But now THE LIST:

  • I don't like strategy games like Monopoly, Draughts (that’s Checkers for our international viewers), Chess, Barrel of Monkeys... (Didja spot the sily joke one? Didja? Didja?). I like to think it is because I do not possess the kind of conniving and deceitful persona required for that kind of thing...
  • I like old computer games. I am therefore a nerd. I can admit that. Ah the childhood memories of playing Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego? We used to play it in primary school, along with teh Where in time... version, which sucked.
  • I don’t like admitting that the real reason that I don’t like strategy games is because I am really crap at them. When I lose I feel stupid. Of course I’m not really stupid. That is a ridiculous suggestion.
  • I have a dictionary on my desk that I won when I was in primary school. I won it in some kind of newspaper competition. See? My life is exciting.
  • On my desk I also have a webcam, but it doesn’t work. I don’t have a lead for it. It is sitting on top of my computer mocking me. “You lost the lead didn’t you? No wonder you suck at strategy games…”
  • I don’t like hospital TV shows. That’s probably because I don’t like hospitals.
  • I want to finish this list on a happy upbeat note.
  • I am having difficulty thinking of something to do that with.
  • Some of my favourite childhood TV shows were Danger Mouse, Monkey Magic, and Count Duckula.
  • Oh, and perhaps the highlight of the list... I have just discovered that soy chips are very yummy! Mmmmmmmmm!


1 Comments:

At 10:37 pm, Blogger Skvid said...

Interesting you say...

Aw, thanks for commenting! Although the briefness of your comment leaves it open to interpretation depending on my mood.

Good mood - you actually found it interesting, and it is therefore a compliment.

Paranoid mood - you are possibly some kind of mad scientist, perhaps undertaking a study of blogging behaviour in order to achieve world domination.

Simpsons viewer mood - you are rubbing your hands together in the same manner as Mr Burns when he says "excellent".

Self indulgent mood - I'll analyse a single word and come up with several different interpretations.

Perhaps I read too much into things...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home