Friday, November 25, 2005

Get a haircut and get a real job

Major excitement! I got a haircut!

Wow! My life is like a rollercoaster! And by that I don’t mean it’s an out of date form of entertainment (rollercoasters are sooo last century dude!)

It’s been 9 months since the last one and I think I‘ve finally got over my Tonsurephobia!

I think it was brought on by childhood memories of the hairdresser from HELL!

Gleefully ripping the hair out of small children’s innocent scalps. Running her rubbery fingers through your hair…

*head between knees*

Ok, breathing deeply now.

So next I’ll have to get a “real job”. I’ll have finished my course very soon, then it’s back to the “real world” for me!

*head between knees*

Back to the haircut, it reminded me of one of Steve’s rants from Coupling. It was the one about the lock on the toilet door. The bit I remembered was:

“...we have not yet reached that level of earth-shattering boredom and inhuman despair that we would have a haircut *recreationally*”

Such a cute show. The rest of that rant is on IMDb . Of course the show is mostly about Jeff really. You can tell that even just from the quotes. Sadly he is not in it for all of the episodes, as in the later series he mysteriously appears only as an invisible character on the other end of the phone…

Got me thinking about shows that are really made by having “freaks” on them. I figure there must be a few.

My list so far:

Hey Dad (scary that it was first to spring to mind…) - Betty and Nudge
House - Dr House (and yes I do love Hugh Laurie, did you really need to ask?)
Dr who - The majority of the cast
Blackadder - I love Baldrick
Vicar of Dibley - Alice, Hugo, the entire cast really
My Family - Nick, the bimbo neice girl adnthat guy stalking her
Kumars at No 42 - Probably not really freaks
3rd Rock from the sun - um, it's about aliens
TLC - Tim Brooke-Taylor's character
Seinfeld - Kramer
Roger Ramjet - Roger Ramjet

Pretty crap list. Needs work. Or it needs to be abandoned and never spoken of again.

Actually you could think of any TV show and then pick out the freakiest character and stick it in that list.

So anyway, I love my new hair. It’s the first time I’ve done the girly hair thing properly. I usually just have long hair that gets trimmed every summer when it gets too hot for me to be bothered with it anymore.

I am turning into a girly girl! I even wear pink! Argh! Next thing you know I'll be getting a pedicure in one of those beauty sweat shop places (apparently there is a manicurist slave trade going on in Australia, but I can't find any info yet).

But at least for now I still don't know "*what* in the name of God's *ass* is the purpose of pot-pourri! Looks like breakfast, smells like your auntie!"

Ah! The many pleasures of a well written British comedy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home